CA NeWs Beta*: Auditor's MAGIC

Search This Site

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Auditor's MAGIC

The following email has been received by CA News Beta* from Mr. PARTHA RAY.

Dear Colleague,

Please do not waste your valuable time and energy on a subject where there will be no takers. There will be many who will not even hesitate to shake you and throw you off.

Just day before yesterday(21-04-2011) , a colleague arrived in an i20 at 11.00 completed audit of 15 Branches of a Rural Bank and left at 6.00pm on 22-04-2011.Did he not do a Magic ? I was a helpless spectator .

Who is Independent in this case my "Magician" colleague or myself who proved his inefficiency and continued after the Top Officials of the Bank gave my colleague a send-off and signaled me to sign-off and wind-up resulting in a futile confrontation amidst embarrassment at what my own colleague in the fraternity did.

There was none in my fraternity to support me when I raised this issue. How can this be allowed to continue ? I was told that this is a convention. A Branch Manager arrived at 11.00am and wanted to leave at 2.00pm "As per past practice" after collecting signed copies of the Balance Sheet , Branch Auditors' Report, the LFAR and the Book Debt Statements plus other Annexure/s.

I suggest that ICAI may start a Crash Course to teach us- the old discards, the art of visual scanning (Visual Character Recognition technique ) of audit documents and signing them in 3 hours flat !!! and burning all the Volumes of Guidance Notes , Accounting and Auditing Standards -by whatever name called, before plunging into that fire to save our honour.

I am feeling shattered and humiliated for , while my "Magician" colleagues were given a Standing Ovation and respectful send-off , there was not a single Senior Bank official present when we left long after the "Magicians" had left and reached their sweet homes/offices.

May God save our profession. Since I am not a "Magician" I wonder whether I should stay on to "Practice" in this profession under "Modified Copy Book" environment when all others have shifted totally to T20 "Practice" away from all laid norms and "Practices"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
For mobile version of this site click here


News Archive

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger