CA NeWs Beta*: I-T crackdown on commodity traders

Search This Site

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I-T crackdown on commodity traders

I-T crackdown on commodity traders


AHMEDABAD: The income tax (I-T) department on Thursday cracked down on two agro commodity traders. I-T officials carried out search and survey operations on 22 premises in Ahmedabad and Palanpur.

The operation was against two major castor and rape seeds traders from Palanpur and their business associates in Ahmedabad.

In Ahmedabad, I-T officials carried out search and survey operation at residences and offices of the traders in Prahaladnagar, Ghatlodia and Commerce Six Roads area.

Sources said that I-T officials believe that the traders are involved with unaccounted trading of agriculture commodities and pumping black money through different companies in Ahmedabad and commodity market.

A team of 80 officials were involved in the operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
For mobile version of this site click here


News Archive

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger